College and Career Curriculum and Resources
Career Links - on LAEC website. Lists Margie’s contact information and several websites on Occupational Exploration.
College Awareness-Readiness Curriculum – Four ninety minute lessons from SABES. Available as pdf or Word format.
Integrating Career Awareness into ABE and ESOL Classroom - Curriculum Guide from SABES.
The Life Skills, College, and Career Readiness Guide for ESOL Learners – from SABES. A collaborative effort of the ACLS, SABES and CAELA.
Adult Career Pathways – Training and Support Center. Career Pathways is a term for a series of connected education and training strategies and support services for individuals to secure certifications and employmnet.
**Other Career Awareness and Career Planning Resources are located in our shared network Drive. See: Library CCR Resources.
Common Core Standards
General Sites of interest for ABE, ASE and ESOL Teachers
Integrating Technology into the Classroom
- 4Teachers – Teach with Technology
- Integrating the Internet in the Classroom
- Educator’s Internet Roadmap
- Learning More about Search Engines and Subject Directories: FAQs
Literacy Information and Communication Sytem :
- LINCS – A professional learning community for adult educators that provides access to resources, professional development, and a connected network of practioners.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- MA DESE Home Page
- Adult and Communilty Learning Services
- ABE Curriculum Frameworks
- ABE Teacher’s License
SABES (System for Adult Basic Educ. Support)
- SABES Home Page
- Lesson Plans – Posted on the SABES site, nine lesson plans on various topics. (Scroll down page to see.)
New England Literacy Resource Center
MCAE (MA Coalition for Adult Education)